JEE Advanced is one of the most difficult exams to crack, with really competitive cut-offs each year. With more than 100 questions in total, you need to be well prepared and have a strong strategy for tackling this beast.
This blog post will help you do just that. Here we tell you everything you need to know about how to prepare for JEE Advanced.
- Prepare A Study Plan
Creating a study plan for the duration of preparation is the first step towards understanding how to prepare for JEE Advanced. The earlier you start, the better prepared you’ll be in time. Start by choosing your exam date and then distribute your studies accordingly to the number of days available before that day.
- Study between two-three hours daily with the equal amount given to all three subjects – Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry – to avoid overloading
- Divide your study time into three equal parts- one part for each subject. You can also divide the subjects differently according to difficulty and start with the toughest first.
- Be sure you have taken a break of 20 minutes after every two hours of studying
- Plan in advance how much time you’ll spend on each subject- the more time you give a certain topic, the better your understanding.
- Plan for at least one hour of revision per day
- If there is any gap in studies, make up for it as soon as possible by reviewing what was missed and carrying out some practice questions to get back into the groove
- Be regular and systematic in your studies
2. Understand Your Syllabus and Plan Properly
Understanding the syllabus is important in knowing how to prepare for jee Advanced. It is common for the JEE Advanced syllabus to be overwhelming and intimidating. But, covering the entire syllabus properly is important to get through this competitive exam. With regular preparation, you can achieve the same. Here are some JEE tips and tricks that will help you cover your syllabus better-
- Step One: Download the latest CBSE Board Syllabus from the website – it will give you an idea about all the topics covered in the exam and what percentage of questions you’ll be expected to answer.
- Step Two: Download a book on JEE Advanced – it will give you an idea about all the topics that are tested, their weightage, and how many questions are asked for each topic. This way, you know better where to spend your time. Extramarks provide a dedicated JEE app where you can access valuable study materials. You can download the app and get free content for seven days.
- Step Three: There are various online study resources that will help you understand all the topics covered in JEE Advanced.
- Step Four: You can join online classes and learn from the experts. ExtraMarks is an online education provider, which has a comprehensive study plan for both JEE Mains and JEE Advanced. Among the prominent JEE tips and tricks is to take the assistance from experienced tutors.
Along with covering the course, Extramarks also provides regular practice papers for students to solve. This helps them to strengthen their concept of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Additionally, the institute also offers live interactive classes that allows students to clear their doubts with experienced tutors immediately.
3. Practice Time Management
We all have 24 hours in a day; It’s up to you how you use that time. The key to understanding how to prepare for JEE Advanced is managing your time effectively and making the best possible use of it. This can be done by following these JEE advanced preparation tips:
- Planning what your goals are for each week, month, and year ahead – Organizing these into smaller tasks so that they can be completed – Setting a time when you will complete each one.
- Listing your responsibilities and deciding which ones are most important to do first.
- Prioritizing the tasks so that those with an earlier deadline take precedence over others.
- Scheduling breaks as well as times for sleep, meals, and social interaction.
4. Solve Previous Years’ JEE Advanced Question Papers
One of the effective JEE advanced preparation tips is to solve question papers. Practice solving previous year’s question papers will help you get the hang of various exam-level questions. You can start by looking for your weak areas and review them before the examination day.
This will help you in two ways- firstly, it’ll be a good idea to have an understanding of the types of questions that are asked and secondly, solving earlier year’s questions paper will give you confidence for sitting in this year’s exam. This is among the JEE Advanced tips and tricks, which will help you to develop a practical approach towards the preparation.
5. Maintain A Consistent Learning Pace
Among the important JEE Advanced preparation tips is to keep a consistent learning pace. Plan out the number of hours you will be studying each day, and stick to it consistently. If your goal is 30 hours per week, for example, make sure that’s what you’re doing every single week without fail. It might sound like too much work at first, but consistency trumps everything when it comes to achieving success with JEE Advanced.
You don’t need to spend 24 hours studying every day, in fact, you shouldn’t. Your goal should be a certain number of hours per week and then divide that by seven days, so you know how much time each day you’ll study for (about four or five hours). If possible, try to study in a place that is quiet and free of distractions.
It’s also important to have periods where you’re not studying when your brain needs time to rest, so consider taking one day per week off from studies completely! That way, if it comes down to crunch-time for JEE Advanced preparation, your brain will be ready to focus and push through. There is no relevance to other JEE tips and tricks, if you are not consistent with your approach.
6. Stay Positive
It is going to be tough to understand how to prepare for JEE Advanced, but you have to stay positive. If you start thinking it will not be worth the time and effort, then that’s when things go downhill. You have to believe in yourself because if you don’t, who else will? There are going to be tough times when you may get frustrated. During these times, you have to look at the bigger picture and stay positive. If you manage to implement these JEE tips and tricks, you will clear JEE exams and pave the way for a brighter future.
The JEE Advanced exam is tough, but you can do it! With these JEE Advanced preparation tips and tricks to help you prepare for the test, you will definitely crack it. Now that you know how to prepare for JEE Advanced exams, you can start your preparation with a focused mind and emerge victorious.
For aspirants to be eligible for JEE Advanced they should hold rank within the 2,50,000 in JEE Mains.
The JEE Advanced Exam is conducted in two segments Paper 1 and Paper 2, and both are mandatory. The question paper comes in three parts that include Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
There is no definite cutoff for the JEE Advanced Exam. Minimum marks to qualify for JEE is announced by the National Testing Agency (NTA) together with the result of the exam.