Among the most important factors in passing an exam is how well you are able to grasp concepts. It does not matter if you can recall facts, but it is more crucial that your understanding of these facts is sound. It has been seen that students who have good logical skills can grasp the concepts more easily than those with less developed logical abilities. JEE is no exception and you would need the right strategies to sharpen your logical skills and understanding to excel.
It’s not always easy to improve your grasping power and concentration during JEE preparation. The answers are not always clear, the material is extensive, and it can be difficult to keep up with everything that is being thrown your way in very little time!
However, there are some steps that you can take to increase the logical skills in your brain so that you have a better chance of understanding what is going on around you. In this blog post, we will discuss how to increase logical thinking so that your ability to grasp concepts becomes stronger!
Say NO to the lazy learning approach and try the following:
- Set a goal and target. Work on your weak areas as much as you can! If mathematics is not your strong suit, then focus on those chapters first before moving onto physics or chemistry. This will help strengthen that area of study for future reference in all subjects, which is what we want to achieve! Also, set some time aside every day to sit down with your books and notebooks and do at least one page from each chapter. This way, you won’t get overwhelmed by studying too many topics simultaneously, and it will give you something to look forward to throughout the week.
- Begin your preparations with relevant study materials. The study materials will ensure that you are grasping the concepts from reliable sources. You can find well-curated video lessons on the Extramarks app. The lessons are both live and recorded. So, students can watch the lessons during their time of convenience. The lessons revolve around explaining each concept clearly. It helps students with the practical application of the knowledge they gain. You will even find solutions to difficult questions. To be successful in JEE, it is important to have a strong understanding of the syllabus. Get to know some of the Effective Ways to Strengthen the Basics for the JEE Exam Syllabus.
- Practice solving past papers. Sometimes when we try practicing new techniques or learning different methods, our brain fails us in exams because we do not have enough practice using these strategies under timed conditions where there isn’t any margin for error. During JEE preparation, make sure that you complete at least one paper each week so that you can get used to sitting down and completing problems within time constraints while still focusing on understanding what materials were given rather than just getting through them. Get to practice a lot of Mock test papers and previous year question papers with Extramarks here.(Read more about preparation here)
- Try solving the problems backwards. This is a useful technique that can help students understand where they went wrong and what concepts were misunderstood during their learning process. It also helps you see which steps need to be reviewed in order for you to make sense of them next time around! You can also make a JEE Preparation timetable.
To solve the problem backward, start with your final answer and then break it down into smaller parts until you reach the question at hand. Once this has been done, go back over each step one by one so that you know why these choices came about as well as how they influence other decisions later on. By doing all of this, your chances of making mistakes should decrease significantly because there won’t be any grey areas anymore! Just remember not to move onto new chapters until you understand the concepts that you are studying currently clearly.
- Set deadlines for yourself to keep organized and stay on top of things! Even if it’s just a small goal like completing one chapter every week, set these goals for yourself so that when exam time comes around, you are prepared rather than panicking about not having enough material read or studied by then.
When you give yourself deadlines, it will force your brain to work harder, influencing your thinking capabilities and grasping power. This is also important because until you start setting deadlines for yourself, there won’t be any motivation or drive behind what needs to get done either, which can result in even more stress down the road, especially during JEE results!
Whatever topic has been giving you trouble lately, try working hard towards improving this area first before moving onto other topics since all subjects will come together gradually anyway.
To summarize, the most important thing to increase logical skills and brain grasping power during JEE preparation is to explore each part of the topic and question to get your creative juices flowing. Set deadlines for yourself and solve past papers to get used to sitting down and working on problems within time constraints while also understanding what materials were given rather than just getting through them quickly.