We often come across the question from students if NCERT is enough for JEE and NEET. Every year, lakhs of students burn the midnight oil to prepare for board exams and competitive exams simultaneously. The score obtained in the competitive exams decides if they’ll be entering into their dream colleges or not. If you are a NEET or JEE aspirant then you may be referring to the best study material, but ignoring NCERT for competitive exams is not a great choice either.
Many of the CBSE syllabus is the same as JEE or NEET syllabus. Throughout the years, NCERT textbooks have been considered a staple for competitive exams. A major section of the JEE and NEET question paper is based on class 11 and 12 NCERT books and that’s one of the reasons why experts and toppers emphasize the use of NCERT for competitive exams.
The major question that bugs most of the JEE and NEET aspirants is whether NCERT books are enough to crack JEE and NEET or not. Let’s keep reading to understand the importance of NCERT books for JEE and NEET.
- Credible Information: The information provided in NCERT textbooks is completely authentic as they are written by subject matter experts after doing extensive research on every topic.
- Helps in building clear and strong basics: NCERT textbooks are easy to understand for students. NCERT helps students prepare for competitive exams like IIT and NEET, strengthening the fundamental understanding of all topics.
- The basis for Exam Questions: The importance of NCERT is undeniable as the majority of the questions in competitive exams either directly fetched from these books or follow the same pattern. So, one must refer to NCERT for their competitive exam prep.
- Easy Language: The NCERT textbooks are best known for their easy language and putting concepts as they are! These textbooks work as a concrete foundation for students on which further understanding is based.
Get Exam Ready with Best NCERT Solutions
Your entire search for seeking solutions to NCERT questions for competitive exam prep stops here! Don’t wait any further as NCERT Solutions by Extramarks provide a step-by-step solution to the questions given at the end of each chapter. Let’s see how they help students with their exams.
- They are developed by our experts with the right approach for precisely answering the textbook questions.
- They are created by subject matter experts with vast experience, under CBSE guidelines, to encourage concept-based learning with a focus on each topic.
- Students can access solutions chapter-wise for every subject.
- They not only explain every topic but also prepare students for further competitive examinations.
- They are free of cost and available online to help students from class 1 to 12.
- NCERT Solutions by Extramarks are complete, comprehensive and detailed and a must-have for every student.
NCERT is a great headway for JEE and NEET preparation because NCERT for competitive exams is just like what ingredients are to cooking. If you don’t understand the basic ingredients while cooking, you cannot learn advanced cooking. NCERT Solutions by Extramarks will help you grasp the concepts of every subject.
How to Prepare for Competitive Exams with NCERT textbooks?
If you are planning to prepare from NCERT for competitive exams and are afraid they may not be enough, fret not, we got you! Here are a few steps that you can follow to make the best out of NCERT for JEE and NEET.
- Always clear your basics first before jumping straight to questions.
- Understand every line of textbooks. Every time you read it, you will realise the importance of different sections in the NCERT.
- Read the entire book that includes captions, diagrams, questions, side notes etc. between the chapters.
- Practice as many mock tests as you can to prepare even better for the competitive exams.
How to Prepare for Competitive Exams in Six Months?
Studying from NCERT books for competitive exams will help you cover the entire syllabus easily. To prepare for JEE or NEET in six months, Extramarks has created long-term courses for you all. Students can get a thorough hold over concepts with our Live Classes, without leaving any scope for doubts. This course will assist the students through engagement with India’s top faculty along with attempting sample practice papers.
Here are some of the benefits of the long term courses:
- Get access to live classes from India’s expert faculty. You can also download the recorded sessions to revise and ensure that you understand all concepts clearly.
- Be a part of the real-time doubt resolution sessions and clarify all your doubts.
- Get access to analytical and insightful reports on your performance to identify your strong and weak areas.
- Students can attempt daily practice papers and test all concepts that they have learnt in Live Classes.
- These all-India test series are a great way to make you understand where you stand in terms of the overall preparation with your peers.
The bottom line is that NCERT books are among the best books for competitive exams like NEET and JEE as you can build your foundation of the basic knowledge required for tackling advanced level problems in the exams. However, if one is looking to crack competitive exams with a good score, reading beyond NCERT is pivotal.